Pushing Regulatory Flexibility in the COVID-19 Era
During the course of 2020, in response to the obvious challenges of COVID-19, C3 has been proactive in achieving several elements of regulatory flexibility for our sector. As such, working to address the commercial challenges faced by Licensed Producers of Cannabis is the pressing priority of our association.
C3 engages with Heath Canada on a near daily basis and meets several times annually on a bilateral basis to discuss priority issues. C3's interventions contributed to HC and other government entities taking the following steps to aid administrative flexibilities:
- Proactive Notice from Health Canada of regulatory flexibility at the onset of CoVID- 19
- Acknowledgement of eligibility for BDC and FCC Programs
- Essential Declaration by Health Canada for Medicinal Cannabis
- Deferral of Regulatory Fee Payments and expanded Wage Supplement Programs
- Extension on oils labelling to March 31, 2021
- September 30, 2020 - HC extended some remaining regulatory flexibilities.